Connecticut Resources for Victims of Sexual Abuse — Where to Turn
As you are most likely very well aware, the topic of sexual abuse in our country has been in the limelight all over radio, television, social media, and just about everywhere.
This kind of focus can give some strength to victims of sexual violence, however, many might not know where to turn. We have some resources if you or someone you love needs help to face the trauma, to seek legal help or to find long term personal assistance:
- RAINN - 800-656-HOPE (4673) a 24-hour national helpline run by the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network.
- The Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Violence - offers two phone numbers for 24/7 that will connect you with certified counselors who will help with next steps. For English call 1-888-999-5545. For help in Spanish dial 1-888-568-8332. These advocates offer crisis intervention, accompaniment through medical, court and police systems, support, prevention programs and more.
- 211 - a 24 hour hotline to provide support to sexual victims, for issues with substance abuse, financial problems, and suicide prevention.
To report a sexual crime, you can dial 911 to contact police directly.
Read more local stories:
- Danbury Has 6 People Who Have Disappeared Without a Trace
- Poisonous Caterpillar Spotted in Greater Danbury
- Remembering the Great Bars + Nightclubs of Danbury's Past
KICKS Country Cash — Do You Have the Code?
David Arquette Joined Mr. Morning & Suzy and it Could NOT Have Gone Worse