Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Man Crashes Car, Flees on Foot
A police K9 was able to track the scent of a Hudson Valley man who is accused of crashing his car drunk and leaving the scene of the accident.
On Thursday around 12:20 a.m., members of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office responded to Starr Ridge Road in the Town of Southeast for a reported one-car accident.
Arriving officers found a 2013 Honda Civic that crashed into a stone wall at the intersection of Starr Ridge Road and Cobb Road. The airbags inside the car deployed, but the driver wasn’t in or near the car, police say.
A witness told police that a man, who reeked of alcoholic, fled the scene on foot after the witness informed him that she called an ambulance.
The witness gave a physical description of the driver and mentioned which direction she saw the man flee.
A Putnam County K-9, Sentinel, tracked down the driver’s scent and he was found on Starr Ridge Road.
Cody Holliday, 26, of Brewster was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and driving while intoxicated.
- Police Investigate Fatal Shooting Near Hudson Valley Park
- Hudson Valley Mourns Passing of Beloved Former Fire Chief
- Wanted Hudson Valley Sex Offender Arrested
- Stiffer Penalties Likely For Driver Who Pass Stopped School Bus
- Couple Accused of Identity Theft at Galleria Jewelry Store
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley