How Likely Is It That a Deer Will Jump in Front of You in CT and NY?
What are your chances of hitting a deer around here? Although it doesn’t seem like it, we here in Connecticut and New York are not even close to the top of the list of states where you're most likely to hit a deer, according to CarInsurance.com.
State Farm put together a list compiled from insurance data claims, and they pointed out that our chances of hitting a dear are greater than last year. Repair costs for automobiles increased by $184.
Your odds of hitting a deer double come October, through December, which is generally when deer season runs.
Here are the top 5 states where you’re most likely to hit a deer:
- 1. West Virginia your odds are 1 in 43
- 2. Montana your odds are 1 in 57
- 3. Pennsylvania your odds are 1 in 63
- 4. Iowa your odds are 1 in 69
- 5. Wisconsin your odds are 1 in 72
New York comes in way down the list at 30,where your odds are 1 in 161. Connecticut is even farther down at number 40 where your odds are 1 in 304. They say if you do have an accident with a deer, you can expect damages to cost somewhere around $4,179 which is the most recent average accident insurance claim for this type of incident.
I’m okay with not being at the top of this list.
Read more local stories:
- Danbury Has 6 People Who Have Disappeared Without a Trace
- Poisonous Caterpillar Spotted in Greater Danbury
- Remembering the Great Bars + Nightclubs of Danbury's Past
KICKS Country Cash — Do You Have the Code?
David Arquette Joined Mr. Morning & Suzy and it Could NOT Have Gone Worse