Brookfield Police: 16-Year-Old Arrested for Making Social Media Threat
Brookfield Police got the call from the high school yesterday around mid-morning.
Three students gave Brookfield High administrators the heads-up about a provocative Social Media post from the night before by a 16-year-old classmate. The student was immediately brought down to the high school office, and that's when the police were called.
According to a Brookfield Police Dept. press release, the Social Media post was disturbing. Police investigators determined the post depicted an airsoft facsimile rifle that looked like the AR-15 with two airsoft magazines and four different sized magazines. Click evike.com to find out about airsoft guns.
The most disturbing aspect of the investigation was the discovery of a text message that was attached to the post that appeared to be a threat relating to the school day on Wednesday. The Brookfield youth was arrested and charged with Threatening in the 1st Degree, a Class D Felony and was referred to Juvenile Court.
Read More Local Stories:
- Five Danbury Area Restaurant Dishes Perfect as Leftovers
- Once Thriving Pleasure Beach Is Connecticut's Newest Ghost Town
- 5 Things That Will Make People in Greater Danbury Angry
- One of CT's Biggest Celebrities Had Two Close Encounters with Bears
- Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton Addresses Health Concerns Live On Air
Ethan and Lou Take Hydration VERY Seriously:
Lou's Hilarious Commercial for Olive Garden's Meatball Pizza Bowl: