Toys ‘R’ Us Is Closing 4 Stores in Connecticut — Is Danbury Safe?
As we reported a few weeks ago, Toys 'R' Us is closing some 182 stores as part of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization plan. Today, we have a list of the stores that are closing, according to usatoday.com, and there are four in Connecticut.
Back in early 2017, Toys 'R' Us announced that they would be restructuring their business plan, and that would mean Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and they would be closing a number of their stores. Yesterday (January 23) the company revealed the list of stores that would be closing and there are four in Connecticut. Here's the stores that will be affected:
- North Haven 376 North Universal Drive CT
- Waterbury 275 Union St. CT
- Newington 3491 Berlin Turnpike CT
- Manchester 169 Hale Road CT
So, at least for now, the Danbury Toys 'R' Us store is safe and will not close, however according to usatoday.com, some closings may be avoided if it is able to negotiate more favorable lease terms. But most of the stores listed in the documents are expected to close as Toys 'R' Us tries to reinvent itself as a leaner, smarter retailer.
Here is the official New York closure list:
- College Point 139-19 20th Ave NY
- Union Square 24-30 Union Square E NY
- Sayville 5181 Sunrise Hwy NY
- Massapequa 5214 Sunrise Hwy NY
- Henrietta 2335 Marketplace Drive NY
- Amherst 1569 Niagara Falls Blvd NY
- Kingston 401 Frank Sottile Boulevard NY
- Glens Falls 708 Upper Glen St. NY
- Latham 221 Wade Road Extension NY
- Yonkers 2700 Central Park Ave NY
- Middle Village 66 Metropolitan Ave. NY
- Westbury 1350 Corporate Drive. NY
- Commack 108 Veterans Memorial Highway NY
- Williamsport 461 Lycoming Mall Cir
- Greece 1530 Ridge Rd. West NY
Going-out-of-business sales are scheduled to begin in February and be completed in April.
Read More Local Stories:
- 2018 GRAMMY Awards Predictions: Who Takes the Country Categories?
- Dramatic 4K Drone Footage of the Housatonic Ice Jam in Kent
- Danbury Man Arrested After Assault on Pregnant Woman in Brewster
- New Fairfield Man Facing Second Deportation Fears for His Life
2018 GRAMMY Awards: Country Category Predictions By Us
Mr. Morning's Hip Hop Ode to the Ice Jam on the Housatonic River: