Putnam Valley Boy Killed During Storm
Putnam County Sheriff Robert Langley Jr. issued a statement today announcing the death of an 11-year-old Putnam Valley boy. The death was caused when a tree crashed into his house on Dunderberg Road in Putnam Valley at approximately 12:15 pm.
A responding deputy was unable to free the child. Additional deputies joined with Putnam Valley firefighters in unsuccessful attempts to save the boy's life.
The child who had been home from school with his mother was pronounced dead at the scene by EmStar medics at 12:50 pm. His mother was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Read More From Hudson Valley Post
- Ulster County Dog Killer’s Conviction Upheld
- Police: Middletown Pair Stole Pizza Delivery Driver’s Car
- Carmel Man Accused of Selling Heroin
- Saugerties Man Faces Felony Burglary Charges
- New Jersey Man Charged in Fatal Route 17 Accident
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley