Putnam County Woman Accused of Multiple Counts of Identity Theft
A Putnam County woman is accused of stealing a person’s identity.
On Feb., 8, New York State Police from Cortlandt arrested 33-year-old Rebecca P. Simmons of Putnam Valley for forgery, second-degree identity theft, criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, and a misdemeanor for third-degree identity theft.
On January 23, troopers received a complaint about a possible identity theft in the town of Cortlandt. Investigators learned that Simmons made multiple purchases with a stolen credit card, police say.
Simmons was arraigned before the town of Cortlandt Court and released on her own recognizance.
- AG: 16 Violent Hudson Valley Heroin Dealers Charged
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Fatal Drunken Head-On Crash
- Large Reward Offered For String of Dutchess County Bank Robberies
- Police:Drunk Hudson Valley Mom Crashes Car With Kids, Hits Police
- 6 Die From Drug Overdoses in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Kills Neighbor's Dog
- Hudson Valley Lands Professional Sports Team
- Police: Hudson Valley Elementary Teacher Found With Child Porn
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley