Police Need Help Looking For Man Wanted For Attempted Rape in the Hudson Valley
Police are hoping for help as they search for man who allegedly tried to rape a Hudson Valley woman.
New York State Police from Brewster are trying to find Hector G. Cruz-Diaz, 35, of Danbury, C.T., formerly of Putnam County. Cruz-Diaz is wanted for attempted rape and burglary.
On March 20, 2016, troopers were dispatched to a home on Main Street in the Village of Brewster for a reported sexual assault.
An investigation indicated that Cruz-Diaz unlawfully entered a woman's home and attempted to rape a 24-year-old woman, police say. He fled prior to police arrival.
Cruz-Diaz and the victim knew each other, according to State Police.
Recently the Village of Brewster Court issued a warrant ordering the suspect’s arrest.
Anyone with information can contact State Police at 845-677-7300.
- No Charges For Hudson Valley Prison Guards in 2015 Death of Inmate
- Hudson Valley Man Pleads Guilty to Fatally Shooting Local Teen
- Feature Movie Excited to Film in the Hudson Valley
- Best College Town Food in New York, Found In the Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Walmart Employee Hits Officer, Leads Police on Wild Chase
- Mother Killed, 2 Injured When 2 Harley Davidsons Collide in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley