Police: Car Without Front License Plate Leads to Arrest in Putnam County
A 21-year-old allegedly driving without a front license plate in Putnam County is facing more charges.
On Saturday, New York State Police from Brewster arrested 21-year-old Miguel O. Melendez of Carmel for criminal possession of a forged instrument, class D felony.
Melendez was pulled over on Route 6 in Carmel when troopers allegedly noticed a vehicle without a front license. An investigation revealed that the vehicle had a counterfeit New York State Inspections sticker on the windshield, police say.
Melendez was arraigned in the Town of Southeast Court and remanded to the Putnam County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond.
button href=”http://hudsonvalleypost.com” title=”Read More” align=”center”]
- Mosquitoes Carrying Paralyzing Virus Found in the Hudson Valley
- What’s The Most Redneck Place in the Hudson Valley?
- IG: Hudson Valley Aid For Disabled Billed State For Over $4,000 in Unearned Salary
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove Taxi Drunk
- Mother Killed, 2 Injured When 2 Harley Davidsons Collide in Hudson Valley
- Teen, 26-Year-Old Killed in Early Morning Crash in Gardiner
Here are this week’s Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley