5 Tornadoes, 3 Macrobursts Now Confirmed Between CT and H.V.
When you looked at the sky on Tuesday (May 15), you could definitely tell that something big was coming. The National Weather Service has confirmed 5 tornadoes and 3 macrobursts hit the area.
Here is a timeline and the complete details of each weather event on May 15, 2018:
4:16 pm EF0 tornado Newburgh, NY. Average wind speed of 75mph (with straight line winds that hit 90mph). The path was 50 yards wide and .62 miles long.
4:29 pm to 4:30pm EF2 tornado Kent, NY maximum wind speed was estimated at 115 mph. 100 yards wide and 1.14 miles long.
4:29pm macroburst Kent, NY. wind speed 80-90 mph with a 3 mile wide and 4 mile long path.
4:32pm to 4:34pm EF1 tornado Patterson, NY wind speed 100mph. It's path was 75 yards and 2.89 miles long
4:37pm to 4:53pm macroburst New Fairfield, CT to Brookfield, CT a 3 mile wide and 9 mile long path and an estimated wind speed of 110 mph.
4:41pm macroburst North Salem, NY wind speed of 80 mph with a path 50 yards wide and a half a mile long.
4:53pm to 5:01pm EF1 tornado Southbury, CT to Oxford, CT. Wind speeds were upwards of 100 mph with a path 400 yards wide and 4.2 miles long.
5:01pm to 5:09pm EF1 tornado Beacon Falls, CT to Hamden, CT. Wind speed was 110 mph. The path was 600 yards wide and 9.5 miles long.
Read More Local Stories:
- National Weather Service Confirms Macroburst Hit Brookfield
- Mayor Mark on Danbury's Power Restoration, Injuries, Storm Damage
- A List of Storm Shelters Now Open in Greater Danbury
- Listeners Share Their Devastating Storm Experiences [GALLERY]
- Danbury, Brookfield Police Departments Issue Statements On Storm
- Severe Storm in Greater Danbury Causes Extreme Chaos
- New Fairfield Looked Like a War Zone in the Storm's Aftermath
Bonus Video: Exploring the New Fitness Trail at Rogers Park in Danbury:
Who's Your Country Star 'Hall Pass?' Local Fans Weigh-In: