Putnam County Sheriff in ICU
A police sheriff from the Hudson Valley remains in cardiac ICU.
On Saturday, Putnam County Sheriff Donald Smith attended a fundraising event in Patterson to benefit the family of recently deceased sheriff’s officer, Senior Investigator Mark Gilmore, and Deputy Sheriff Michael Schmidt, who is battling cancer.
After making remarks, Smith began to not feel well and went to to the emergency room at Putnam Hospital Center.
After an overnight stay, Smith was transferred to the Yale-New Haven Hospital. He was admitted into the Yale-New Haven Cardiac Intensive Care Unit on Sunday afternoon, where he remains as of this writing.
Smith is said to be in good spirits and has expressed gratitude for the care he’s received from doctors, nurses and staff at both hospitals.
According to a press release from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, Smith’s doctors expect him to make a full recovery and Smith looks forward to serving the people in Putnam County very soon.
- Hudson Valley Officials React to Trump’s Transgender Military Ban
- Police May Soon Test For Texting While Driving
- 13 Hudson Valley Foreign Nationals Arrested
- Man Dies Hiking At Breakneck Ridge
- Hudson Valley Father Arrested After Toddlers Found Wandering at School
Here are this week’s Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley