Greater Danbury Scores Big in Connecticut Magazine’s ‘Best of 2017′ Issue
Connecticut Magazine is beginning to recognize all the good that is the city of Danbury and their suburbs.
Their latest issue features their '20th Annual Best of Connecticut 2017' where the greater Danbury area begins to shine. Let's kick it off with 'The Best of Connecticut Food and Drink.'
- Mothership Bakery & Cafe - This is honestly one of Mindy's and my favorite breakfast destinations, where everything is homemade and scrumptious.
- Butcher's Best Country Market - Located in Newtown, owner Steve Ford used to whip me up a homemade meatloaf that was to die for when he worked in New Fairfield. Steve is the man!
- The Green Grunion Food Truck - The secret to this often-mentioned food truck is its San Diego-styled, tightly packed burritos, all with heated ingredients. The Green Grunion can be found most days at Kenosia Park in Danbury.
- Down The Hatch - Located right on Candlewood Lake in Brookfield, you could say that Mindy and I are regulars during the summer months. Our favorites are their cocktails and delicious salads.
Hoodoo's and the Cookhouse have been winning accolades from both patrons and publications from the first week they were both in business.
- Ferris Acres Creamery - The award winning legendary location for the best homemade ice cream in Connecticut is located on Rt. 302 in Newtown.
- Mothership Bakery & Cafe - Not only fabulous for breakfast, but the Mothership is the best for savory homemade pie when your sweet tooth won't take "no" for an answer. You'll find the Mothership at 331 Main St. Danbury.