Danbury Cumberland Farms Planned for Old Bennigan’s Site
For 10 years, the site where Bennigans used to stand has been a Danbury eyesore, but not for much longer.
If everything goes as planned, a brand-spankin' new Cumberland Farms gas station and convenience store could be standing where the boarded up Bennigan's Grill and Tavern has stood for 10 years. According to an article in the NewsTimes, a Westborough Massachusetts company has approached Danbury officials about building a Cumberland Farms at 106 Federal Road next to the Quality Inn.
Cumberland Farms attorneys told the NewsTimes that it's a site badly in need of an upgrade and it will help contribute to the economic vibrancy of Danbury. The building will include 5,300 square feet of convenience store space along with 6 gas pumps. The new Cumberland Farms plans on hiring 10 full-time and 10 part-time employees along with 5 managers.
Read more local stories:
- Uncle Sam Statue from the Old Danbury Fair Could Be Coming Home
- Win UpTo $5K or See Metallica in Las Vegas
- Bear Freaks Out and Trashes Interior of CT Woman's Car
- Ethan and Lou's Second Chance Prom Returns to Danbury
- Danbury Teen Injured in Storm Receiving Lots of Local Love
Who Will Lou Be Taking to 3rd annual Second Chance Prom?
Ethan and Lou Take Hydration VERY Seriously