Beautiful Hudson Valley Private Island Home Now For Sale
A dream home that sits on its very own private island in the Hudson Valley could be yours.
The private island estate off Lake Mahopac, which features two Frank Wright-designed homes, is for sale for $12.9 million. The estate is located at 1 Petre Island in Carmel and is part of the Mahopac school district.
"An architectural masterpiece showcasing the pinnacle of design and engineering, the property offers an amazing backdrop for living and entertaining surrounded by the stunning beauty of the 593-acre lake," Douglas Elliman Real Estate writes on their listing for the private island estate.
The 8,400-foot estate features six bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms, according to the listing. The main house has four bedrooms.
The estate also features the original 1950s guest house, a tea house, beach, dock, lake views, scenic view and a helipad, according to Douglas Elliman Real Estate.
- Hudson Valley Schools Placed on Lockdown After Threatening video
- Beautiful Hudson Valley Private Island Home Now For Sale
- Young Man Killed While Skiing in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Trying to Build Pond in Yard
- Hudson Valley Rallies Behind Teen Fighting For His Life
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts of Hudson Valley
- NYSP: Firefighter, Police Part Of Huge Hudson Valley Drug Ring
- Award-Winning Restaurant Plans Major Expansion in Hudson Valley
- Gunman On the Run After 2 Shot Near Hudson Valley School
- Politician Accused of 'Psychologically Abusing' Pregnant Wife
- Hudson Valley Father of 4 Killed in Alaska, Family Could Use Help
- Woman Dies After Falling Into Freezing Hudson River
- Child Nearly Kidnapped Walking Dog in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Tire-Gashing Devices Found on Streets in Hudson Valley