A Truck Takes an Unexpected Dip in Candlewood Lake
At 1pm on Sunday, June 30, the New Fairfield Volunteer Fire Dept. got the call, there was a vehicle in the water on Candlewood Lake.
According to a NFVFD press release, Engine 13, Rescue 3, and Squad 16 from the NFVFD raced to the Squantz Pond boat launch where they found one vehicle with a boat trailer in the lake in front of the boat launch.
Luckily, the vehicle owner was not injured and no oil or gas leaked into the lake. How the vehicle actually got into the water is being investigated by New Fairfield Police, DEEP, and the Candlewood Lake Authority.
Here's a clip of Lou and I chatting about the subject live on the air:
Read more local stories:
- Florida, You Say? Pam Brooks Has a Big Announcement
- Hummus and Pita Co. Set to Open First CT Spot on Federal Road
- 'Angry Lake Shouters' Help Police Patrol Candlewood Lake
- TV Host Has Over $1 Million in Sports Cars Stashed by Danbury Airport
- Plans FINALLY Made for Old Bennigan's Site on Federal Rd. in Danbury
Pam Brooks Takes a Look Back at Her Superstar Encounters:
Ethan and Lou Are Excited About Bofa Deez Nuts